Effective date: January 28, 2019
Pink GenomiX, Inc. (“us”, “we” or “our”)
operates the www.pinkgenomix.com website (“Our Site”).
By using one of Pink GenomiX’s DNA analysis solutions (“Service”) or by visiting Our Site, you consent to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. You understand that in order to use the Service, you may be required to provide us with information regarding your genotype which is typically generated through analysis of your saliva (“Genetic Data”) and self-reported health-related information including, but may not be limited to, disease history, personality traits, family information, ethnicity, and ancestry.
The Service is not intended for anyone under the age of 18. As a result, we do not knowingly collect information online from children under the age of 18. If Pink GenomiX becomes aware that any person submitting information to the Service is under the age of 18, we will promptly take steps to delete any personal information collected and terminate the relevant account. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
Collection And Use of Information
We may collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
During the registration and creation of an account, the information provided will be collected. Such information includes but is not limited to name, email address, country, zip code, payment information, billing and shipping address.
Optional self-reported Information
This may include, but is not limited to information provided while filling in surveys about health information, ethnicity, family history or other information that you choose to share with us.
User content constitute raw data information uploaded to our server, testimonials and reviews.
Information related to our genetic testing solutions
1. In order to generate reports, when a kit is purchased, Pink GenomiX collects information regarding your genotype through analysis of your saliva. To protect your privacy, your information is de-identified and processed anonymously throughout Pink GenomiX analyses.
2. For certain solutions, Pink GenomiX collects raw data files from customers for generating reports. These raw data files are generated by ancestry genetic testing companies other than Pink GenomiX. It contains the genetic information of the person typically in the form of quaternary figures A, T, G and C, their chromosome location and a standard alphanumeric identifier called the rsID.
Web Tracking information
How we use your information
By signing up for Our Service or by registering an account on Our Site, the user consents to allow Pink GenomiX to communicate information to them. This information may be service or marketing related.
1. Service-related communication involves emails regarding data uploads and report delivery or any other such communications that are required for Pink GenomiX to fulfill service requirements.
2. Marketing communications includes but is not restricted to product upgrades, new product information and testimonial requests. The user may at any time choose to opt out of receiving such communications by clicking on unsubscribe at the bottom of the email or by emailing a request to [email protected]; this will not stop us from sending emails about your account or transactions with us or other information required for your use of the Service.
Information that is used to conduct research projects will only be used after obtaining informed consent from the participant. Pink GenomiX will solicit customer feedback to optimize their services. Similar to marketing campaigns, users can at any time opt out of receiving such emails by unsubscribing or emailing a request to [email protected] Information shared with third parties.
1. By signing up for the Pink GenomiX’s Service you consent to the use of tools related to customer support, data storage and marketing. These tools are essential to be able to deliver customer support and for product requirements.
2. Access to data, be it registration information, genetic and self-reported information, automated information or data of any other kind will be shared with
regulatory authorities if Pink GenomiX is bound to comply with the requirements of the law of the land.
3. We may share de-identified data with vendors, service providers, and other third parties that perform services on our behalf. Our service providers act on Pink GenomiX behalf. While we implement procedures and maintain contractual terms with each service provider to protect the confidentiality and security of your information, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality and security of your information due to the inherent risks associated with storing and transmitting data electronically.
Your DNA, your choice
1. You may request deletion of your Pink GenomiX account, raw data and/or personal information from our server by sending an email request to
[email protected] Once you submit your request, we will promptly delete your account and/or all requested content. Once you confirm your request to delete your data, this process cannot be cancelled, undone, withdrawn, or reversed.
2. You may access, correct or update any and all details of your Personal Information that we hold about you by written request.
HOW WE HOLD AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
1. We take seriously the trust you have placed in us with your information. To protect against unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use (collectively, “Unauthorized Processing”), we maintain physical, technical, and administrative measures to prevent information security incidents in order to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information. All connections to Our Site are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and internal systems protected with anti-virus software.
2. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use various procedures and security features (such as encrypting the Personal Information) to try to prevent unauthorized processing. Only authorized personnel of Pink GenomiX and contracted third parties have access to Information that is necessary for them to perform their jobs or services.
3. Unfortunately, despite these efforts, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. In addition, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Service over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted by a third party to us. As a result, we will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any Unauthorized Processing of your information.
4. Protecting your Personal Information is also your responsibility. We ask you to be responsible for safeguarding your password, secret questions and answers, and other authentication information you use to access our Service. You should not disclose your authentication information to any third-party and should immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password. We cannot secure Personal Information that you release on your own or that you request us to release.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF DATA
3. If you are visiting from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that we make Our Site and Service available to users across the world, and similarly, make use of service providers in jurisdictions outside the EEA. Please note that we may transfer your information to recipients in countries other than the country in which the
HOW TO CONTACT US